The mission of the Bethany Baptist Church Scholarship Fund Committee is to provide financial aid to matriculating college students, increasing their ability to complete their undergraduate program.
The duties of the Committee include:
- Developing and maintaining a current scholarship application
- Reviewing and selecting scholarship recipients who meet all criteria
- Distributing funds as approved by the Committee;
- Keeping a record of, and acknowledging, donors and gifts
- Recording donations to, and disbursement of scholarships from, the Fund
- Maintaining a record of assets of the Fund
- Keeping current on College, government and other practices relating to scholarships and their distribution
- Engaging in fellowship and interchange with other education-oriented ministries, clubs and concerns
Bethany Scholarship Eligibility
- All persons who are active in, or are active members of, the Bethany community of programs are eligible for scholarships. There are two types of scholarships available from Bethany Baptist Church: Book scholarships and Financial Aid scholarships
- Active Bethany students entering their 1st year of college are eligible for Book Scholarships. You do not have to fill out a full application. However, you MUST provide the following information to the Scholarship Committee:
- Phone Number
- High School
- Intended College (if known)
You may visit the Church Clerk’s office to submit your info, OR you may email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . This info MUST be received by May 12.
- For students entering their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th years of college, Bethany Financial Aid scholarship applications are available in the Church Clerk's office and on this website beginning in March of every year, and are due in May.
- For the 2013-14 school year, applications are due back to the church by May 12, 2013.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
- FAFSA application - Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, provides federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school... but in order to become eligible, you MUST APPLY (and do so EARLY! Encourage your parents to do their taxes now! But remember – you can submit preliminary income numbers on the FAFSA until their taxes are complete!)
- UNCF scholarships – Did you know that you do not have to attend an HBCU to receive a UNCF scholarship? You’ll never get the chance if you don’t apply! Apply online today!
- Scholarships & Internships - Subscribe to our new site to search for scholarships and to be notified of new scholarships that are frequently shared with us via email for High School, College, Graduate school and Medical school. Information on internships is also available. Subscribe today!
- Bethany scholarship application – Application window is now open through May 12, 2013! Please download the application form from this site, or you may pick up a hard copy in the Church Clerk’s office on Sundays. Completed Bethany scholarship application packages are due by May 12, 2013. Late applications may not be considered.
Other Useful Links
- Choosing a College -
Useful wizard to help you find just the right college that fits your needs!
- Choosing a Career -
Still trying to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life? Answer just a few questions at this link and get ideas for the right career for you.
For more information email email@example.com